- Download and print out the document below.
- Find some time (at least half an hour) where you won't be disturbed
- Find somewhere comfortable to sit and take your time to work through the stages of the exercise.
- If you get stuck (for example remembering exactly what was said or done), simply slow down and take your time, listening to the new thoughts relating to 'stuckness'. Include these thoughts if you like in the 'Thoughts' section'.
- This exercise seems simple but can sometimes go deep. Think about who you might want to contact for support if you realise it is bringing feelings up that you are struggling to be with alone.